Since I moved to a city near Seattle last year, I hardly find time to blog. More so, after I bought my first smartphone, the Samsung (Google) Galaxy Nexus. Now most of my free time is spent on reading android blogs and forums and playin with my cell.
Of all the apps that are available in Android play store, Ultimate Custom Clock Widget (UCCW) is one of the best. You can create any kind of clock you want. Apart from telling you the time, it also keeps track of weather, your missed calls, texts, mails, battery level etc. It completely changes the look of your smartphone. Such beautiful and sleek themes can be made out of this. This post contains Skins that I've created and awesome skins that I found on the xda thread.
How to use these skins
- Install the UCCW app on your Android device.
- Download and install the skin (which is really a installer) from Play Store.
- Launch the installer from app drawer, tap 'Install Skin', Tap OK for 'Replace App?', tap 'Install', tap done. Skin is now installed.
- Long press homescreen to pull up widget menu. Scroll down to UCCW and select widget size.
- This will open the skins list. Tap the skin that you want to use.
- You'll now have the skin applied to the widget on your homescreen. Enjoy.
How to use the uzip skins
- Install the UCCW app on your Android device.
- Download the skins that you like from this post to your computer. File extension would be .uzip.
- In case multiple skins are bundled together as a zip, unzip them after downloading to get individual uzip.
- Transfer this uzip(s) to your phone's sdcard; usually to /sdcard/uccwOutput folder.
- Run the uccw app on your cell. In the app, click menu and then click "Import skins".
- Browse to the location where you had saved the uzip on your sdcard, in step 4 and select the uzip file.
- The skin will be imported in uccw. Next time when you try to place any uccw widget anywhere, this skin will be available in the list of skins.
Now that you know how to use it, let's check-out some sleek uccw skins.
This is by far my most favorite uccw setup. This entire screen is made up of 3 UCCW skins. There are slew of hotspots on the screen which will launch pre-configured favorite apps. Handle all important stuff from a single screen. Get the uccw skins here -
Calls, MSGs, Music, Gallery
|Gadget Bar |
Time, Date, Battery Status
Blocks UCCW Skin -
The first screen here is the phone lockscreen. This screen has 2 uccw skins - 'Orange Bar' and 'TitlesBar'. Second screen is the homescreen. It has 2 uccw skins - 'Blocks UCCW Skin' and 'Blocks Battery UCCW Skin'. Get the skins here -
|Blocks UCCW Skin|
Date, Time, Weather, Calls -
|Blocks Battery UCCW Skin|
Battery Status -
Now UCCW Skin-
Bored of the same clock widget layouts? Try this vertical skin instead. All weather and time info in a neatly packed column. Place it on the side of your home-screen or at the center of your lock-screen and see your friends being amazed & asking where u got it.
Clean UCCW Skin-
Wanna have a cool and minimal clock on your android device? Slap this skin on your UCCW widget and show off your device to your friends.
Like the round icons? They are called "Glass Rounds".
Do you like to keep your device screen clean, with very minimal icons and widgets? Then this uccw widget skin is for you. Only the most frequently needed info - the time, date and weather - in a minimalistic and beautiful skin. And battery level too; in a cute little triangle.
Tired of the same ol' clock widgets and skins? Give it a twist, literally. Sport this diagonal ultimate clock skin and listen to the oooohs and aaaahs. :)
* Time and Date
* Current weather and forecast for 2 days
* Hotspot trigger for alarm and weather update
Splash some bright colors on your device's screen with this colorful uccw skin. Minimal skin with beautiful shapes and hotspots triggers.
Like the icons on second screen? They are called "MIcons".
Digital Eclipse -
And now you get two skins at the price of one. This pack includes "Digital UCCW Skin" and "Eclipse UCCW" skin. Check them out in the screenshots.
Cards UCCW Skin -
Came across this beautiful skin by xiangqianch at the mycolorscreen. Loved it and created this setup from scratch, by using his weather icon and speech bubble. Let me know how u like it.
* Date, Time, Weather, Temperature, Battery.
Wow UCCW Skin -
Rounded edges, subtle colors, sleek fonts - screen-full of 'em. Pack of FOUR uccw skins. Place them all together or one on each screen; looks fabulous any way. The skins contain -
* Wow-Time (4x1) - Current time, with hotspot to launch alarm.
* Wow-Weather (4x2) - Current weather condition, temperature, min/max temperature and location. Hotspot to launch Go WeatherEX and update weather.
* Wow-Date (4x2) - Current day, month, year; with hotspot to launch Calendar.
* Wow-Apps (4x1) - Hotspots for Dialer, Messaging, Gallery, Music. Plus Missed call count, New text msg count.
Ultimate UCCW skins for Android - Part 2
Ultimate UCCW skins for Android - Part 3
Ultimate UCCW skins for Android - Part 4
If you appreciate my efforts and would like to say thanks or show your support, please click the donate button below or buy some of my UCCW Skins and Theme Packs. Cheers.